Behind every Sweet Briar woman is a team who believes in her.
Our student support staff and faculty are united in a common cause: to be the mentors you’ve always wanted, and to empower you to grow as a bold, independent thinker.
The Office of Student Life works closely with the academic dean and his staff to develop and strengthen meaningful opportunities for students. Initiatives are based on a co-curricular model — to expand and support learning, in and out of the classroom.
- An Outdoor Program caving trip that also explores earth science concepts
- Student-planned, campus-wide activities that provide real-world experience in marketing and management
- A peer health educator and advocate who serves as a resource for her classmates on wellness issues
- Daily interaction with a residential advisor who provides leadership and support
- Student life and the dean’s office collaborating to help a student apply for a study abroad program or providing guidance throughout the honors curriculum
The divisions of the Office of Student Life — outdoor programs, spiritual and community life and others — help build our intentionally intimate campus. Here, good times and meaningful connections are always close by, and people genuinely look out for one another.