February 22-28, 2021
Celebrate National Engineers Week with Sweet Briar College! Each year, engineers, high school and college students, educators, and members of the public from Lynchburg and the Shenandoah Valley gather with us to celebrate engineering in our region and enjoy an evening of networking.
We’re currently evaluating how to best celebrate Engineers Week 2021. Historically, the National Engineers Week Banquet has been the centerpiece of E-Week celebrations in our region, but gathering restrictions and safety considerations are proving significant obstacles to our planning. We are instead exploring the possibility of hosting and/or sponsoring a variety of smaller events through the week, and hope to make a final announcement of our plans by late December of 2020.
If you are a member of our region’s engineering community and have an idea for an event or are an organization looking to partner, we’d love to hear from you! Please see contact information below.
P | 434-381-6447
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Engineering Banquet Events
- Feb. 20, 2020 | Photos | Video | Featured speaker: Dr. Kevin Kochersberger, programmatic lead for the first African Drone and Data Academy (ADDA) in Malawi and professor at Virginia Tech
- Feb. 20, 2019 | Photos | Video | Featured speaker: Kip S. Thorne, theoretical physicist and Nobel laureate who is recognized as one of the world’s leading experts on the astrophysical implications of Einstein’s Theory of General Relativity
- Feb. 22, 2018 | Photos | Video | Featured speaker: Christine Darden, retired NASA aeronautical engineer, data analyst and mathematician featured in “Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race”
- Feb. 23, 2017 | Photos | Featured speaker: Antoine Picard, lead software engineer at Google
- Feb. 25, 2016 | Photos | Featured speaker: Kathryn Thornton, former NASA astronaut and professor at the University of Virginia