As part of National Engineers Week, we invite high school girls (grades 9-12) from across the region to join us for Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day at Sweet Briar on Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019. Festivities will begin at 3 p.m. and include hands-on design projects led by Sweet Briar engineering faculty and students, a campus tour and dinner tickets to the Engineers Week Banquet.
- Hands-on engineering projects with SBC engineering professors and students
- A private Q&A session with Nobel prize winner Kip Thorne
- A campus tour
- Dinner at the National Engineers Week Banquet on campus that evening
Who is Kip Thorne?
- Theoretical physicist who discovered proof of gravitational waves
- Laureate of the 2017 Nobel Prize for physics
- Developed the concept for the 2014 blockbuster movie “Interstellar”
- Made a famous bet with Stephen Hawking
Note: While student participants are provided with a ticket to the National Engineers Week Banquet that evening, tickets for family members etc. are not included and must be purchased separately.
Participation is free, but space is limited to 20 students.
Please register in advance below.
P | 434-381-6447
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
3 – 5 p.m.
5 – 6 p.m.
National Engineers Week Banquet
6 – 8:30 p.m. | Upchurch Field House