All residence hall rooms are furnished with one standard — not extra-long — twin bed, dresser, desk, desk chair and bookshelf per resident.
- Waterproof mattress pad
- Power strip/surge protector (required for computers)
- Pets (With the exception of fish and aquatic turtles, pets are not permitted in the residence halls at any time.)
- Microwaves (MicroFridge units are the only microwaves allowed in residence hall rooms.)
- Cooking appliances (hot plates, open coil heaters, toasters, toaster ovens, deep fryers, rice cookers, panini makers, crock pots)
- Extra furniture
- Halogen lamps
- Space heaters
- Water beds
- Illegal drugs or paraphernalia
- Shower shoes
- Towels, hand towels and washcloths/pouf/loofah
- Shower caddy to store your toiletries
- Foam topper
- Sheet set for a standard — not extra-long — twin bed (flat sheet, fitted sheet, pillowcase)
- Throw blanket and pillow
- Sleeping bag or air mattress for guests
- It will be warm in August when you arrive for the beginning of the school year.
- It will be chilly in the fall.
- It will be cold in the winter (it may snow).
- It will be rainy in the spring.
- Desk supplies (pens, pencils, erasers, glue, scissors, highlighters, notebooks, tape, thumbtacks, stapler, three-hole punch)
- Academic planner
- Envelopes, stationery, stamps
- Laundry bag
- Laundry detergent
- Stain remover
- Alarm clock (don’t rely on your phone!)
- USB drive
- First aid kit
- Bed risers
- Under-bed storage solutions
- Closet organizer
- Additional seating (talk with your roommate first)
- Bulletin board or dry-erase board
- Wall art to remind you of home
- Command strips for hanging posters and pictures (Thumb tacks and tape are not allowed.)
- Waste basket
- Cleaning supplies
- Keurig coffee maker (traditional coffee pots are not allowed)