Resident advisors are the frontline support staff for residence life and serve as the primary contact for students living on campus. Their work as peer leaders, educators, emergency responders, community builders and university representatives is vital to the creation and maintenance of safe and vibrant living and learning environment. They must have a 2.7 cumulative GPA and good non-academic standing.
- Support students as they move in and move out of residence halls
- Assist with housing selection
- Build positive relationships with the residents
- Establish clear and consistent expectations for living in the residence halls
- Host regular meetings with residents
- Mediate conflicts
- Provide educational opportunities to enrich life at the College
- Connect students with resources
- Provide nighttime and weekend supervision in residence halls
- Respond to emergencies
- And more!
Applications for the following academic year typically open early in the spring semester. See the complete job description.