With prior approval from the registrar, Sweet Briar students are permitted to take courses at University of Lynchburg College and Randolph College, provided the course is not currently available at Sweet Briar. Registration forms are available in the registrar’s office and on mySBC. To take advantage of this course exchange, you must be enrolled full-time at Sweet Briar. Further, the exchange is only available in the fall and spring semesters. Students will be responsible for all tuition and course fees for tri-college courses taken during the summer and winter terms. Applications for courses during summer and winter terms must be made directly to University of Lynchburg or Randolph College.
Next steps and what to expect
- Students should consult with the instructor to determine admissibility in the course.
- Students should then confer with their advisor and obtain his or her signature on the Tri-college Registration Form.
- Sweet Briar’s registrar will submit the completed form and establish a placeholder course on the student’s Sweet Briar schedule.
- Students will receive an email with instructions on setting up their account at the other institution, including parking information.
Information of note
- Grades earned through the Tri-college Consortium will transfer to Sweet Briar.
- You must notify Sweet Briar’s registrar if you need to drop or withdraw from the tri-college course.
- Students will be held to the academic calendar and academic regulations of the college offering the course.
- Students are responsible for arranging their own transportation.
- Additional fees outside of tuition are the responsibility of the student.