Request a Sweet Briar College Transcript
Please note that only students/alumnae can request a transcript. All requests, whether made in person, by mail, email or fax, must be in writing and signed by the student/alumna. We will not accept a request from anyone else, including parents or employers, unless they have a signed release from the student/alumna.
Requests for transcripts are processed in the order they are received. Accelerated ordering and delivery are available for a fee.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Office of the Registrar
P | 434-381-6179
E | email@example.com
Please use our transcript request form to request a paper copy. There is no charge for this service.
Emailed transcripts are currently unavailable.
Sending a Transcript to Sweet Briar College
Official transcripts from other institutions should be sent by mail or electronically. Please note that Sweet Briar College does not accept faxed or hand-delivered transcripts.
Originating institutions should mail transcripts to the following address:
Office of the Registrar
Sweet Briar College
P.O. Box 1059
Sweet Briar, VA 24595
Frequently Asked Questions
- The student’s full name, birthdate and social security number
- Transfer credit from other post-secondary educational institutions the student attended
- Comments about graduation honors the student has received from Sweet Briar College
- All courses for which the student was registered, in chronological order, from the date of matriculation through the most recently concluded term, showing the subject and number of each course, its title, grade and credits
- Term and cumulative grade-point averages
- Any degree conferred by the College, showing the major(s), minor(s) and date conferred
- The signature of the registrar and the date the transcript was produced
- A key to transcript entries
No. Only documents that originate in the Office of the Registrar and which have been certified as accurate may be enclosed with transcripts. Mailing and routing cards from graduate schools and professional agencies may be enclosed.
Yes. We will hold your order for two weeks. When you come in to pick it up, you may be asked to produce photo identification. If you have not picked it up within two weeks, we will mail the transcript to the home address you provided on your order. If you did not provide a home address, the transcript will be voided.
Sweet Briar transcripts are printed on a paper stock with a secured background, a latent image that will cause a photocopy to display the words “Copy” or “Void,” obscuring the printed transcript information. This is done to guarantee that only official, original transcripts of academic records are distributed.
Yes, student copies are considered unofficial, but they may be used to review your transcript for personal or other reasons.
Indicate in your written request that your transcript should not be produced until the current term’s grades are posted.
Contact the Office of the Registrar and we will direct you, if necessary, to the office that is the source of the information you believe to be incorrect.
No. You must obtain official transcripts from each school’s registrar.