It’s your senior year of high school, and your parents have been on your case for months: “So, where are you going to college?” There are so many choices. And so little time! You’ve heard about Sweet Briar — maybe surfed our website — and you’re wondering if this might be the place for you. Here are five things you can do right now to make up your mind — and get on with your life.
- Finish your application. It sounds like a no-brainer, right? The sooner you’re done applying, the sooner you’ll hear back. Applying now also means you’ll be eligible for all the extra scholarships Sweet Briar has to offer. When filling out your application, make sure everything is complete. Write an essay that truly reflects your personality and goals, and save it somewhere safe in case your computer crashes when you hit submit. Ask for a recommendation from your teacher now — before everybody else does. This will ensure your teacher has time to focus on what makes you stand out!
- Complete the FAFSA. The deadline to do this is Feb. 15, but why wait until the last minute to find out how much college will cost you? File your FAFSA now, and you’ll know exactly how much financial aid you qualify for. This will give you time to plan ahead, and you’ll know whether you should apply for additional grants and scholarships. Bottom line: Both you and your parents will sleep easier at night!
- Visit campus — in person or virtually. Unless you’ve seen our campus with your own eyes, you won’t know for sure if Sweet Briar is right for you. Schedule a visit today and we’ll show you (almost) every inch of our 3,250 breathtaking acres. You’ll also have the chance to meet with faculty, coaches and students, spend the night, attend classes, and experience what it’s like to live and study at Sweet Briar. If you can’t make it in person, check out our brand-new virtual tour!
- Contact admissions or financial aid with ANY questions you might have. Struggling with your FAFSA, not sure which essay topic to pick, or whether you should worry about getting a roommate who loves death metal as much as you love opera? We’re here to answer any questions you might have, no matter how big or small you think they are. Call us. Email us. Stop by. We can’t wait to talk to you!
(Admissions: 800-381-6142, firstname.lastname@example.org. Financial aid: 800-381-6156, email@example.com)
- Follow us on social media. The best place to connect with Sweet Briar Admissions from afar is on social media: Like us on Facebook or follow us on Instagram. You’ll get a vibrant glimpse of campus life through photos, videos and news stories, stay up to date on important admissions deadlines, and travel with admissions staff as we visit college fairs around the country. Of course you can message us, too!