It’s been a long senior year. You’ve done nearly all the things you’re supposed to do: Researched and applied to colleges, compared graduation rates, checked out their graduates’ success, figured out how much financial aid is available and determined if they offer the programs you want. Maybe you’ve even visited a few campuses. But if you haven’t, April is a really good time to do that — and it’s an especially good time to visit Sweet Briar. Here’s five reasons why:
- You’ll discover firsthand why our 3,250-acre campus consistently ranks among America’s most beautiful colleges in numerous publications, such as the Princeton Review and Forbes. The fields and forests are turning vibrant green and pink, purple and white blooms are popping everywhere — a gorgeous backdrop to our classic Georgian architecture.
- You can’t get the feel of a college until you visit. There’s no substitute for seeing the campus in person, meeting current students and faculty, eating in the dining hall and sitting in on a class. Finding the right college is all about finding the right fit for you and the campus visit is the best way to “try one on.”
- Visiting multiple colleges can put a strain on your budget, so we have a program to help offset travel costs. Please contact our office at (434) 381-6142 or email@example.com for details.
- Our next open house this month for accepted students on April 24 offers several important benefits. First, we’re hosting a fair for all the academic departments where you can talk to faculty in different disciplines. Second, you can spend the night in a residence hall and attend classes in the morning. Third, you will have opportunities to meet with the financial aid office. Finally, your parents can meet other parents and you can meet other prospective students to see who your classmates might be — you might even run into your future roommate!
- Forbes has just released its 2016 300 Best Value Colleges and Sweet Briar is once again on the list. Our admissions staff can’t wait to show you why. We are the only women’s college in Virginia to make the ranking, which is based on a combination of tuition costs, school quality, graduation success rates and post-graduate earnings.
Once you experience Sweet Briar, you’ll see why so many of our students feel at home here and can’t imaging going to school anywhere else. Curious? Give us a call at (434) 381-6142, send an email or go online to schedule a visit.