- Online application and pre-departure support
- Registration at Paris institutions and Sweet Briar College courses receiving academic credit.
- Regular University of Paris student status and I.D. card with access to use of libraries, computer services, sports facilities, and other student services.
- Full or partial fees for ateliers in studio art, dance, etc. receiving academic credit.
- Visits and events where required for some courses
- 60€ required on-site residency fee.
- Orientation program including intensive French language and grammar instruction, cultural visits and excursions
- Individual advising, on-going language and methodology support and tutorials
- Optional internships, independent study projects and volunteer teaching assistantships and other opportunities
- All JYF-organized group activities:
- excursions (ground transportation, hotel, all meals, and entrances and tour guides to sites)
- day trips
- cultural activities (concerts, theater performances, museums, cooking class, cultural tours)
- special speakers
- social events (Thanksgiving, end of semester celebration)
- Free access to most museums
- Reimbursement of 30€ (per semester) for cultural events such as classical concerts, opera, theatre etc… on presentation of receipts.
- Administration of a diagnostic language test Test de connaissance du français (TCF) to assess students’ French level at the beginning and close of the program.
- Connection to recent alumni prior departure and permanent membership in JYF’s alumni network upon return.
- Course, host family and program evaluation at the end of the semester.
- Upon completion, an official transcript with an explanation of grades is sent to each student and their home institution. Subsequent transcripts are sent upon written request with a $5 fee.
Room and Board (Homestay)*
- Host family lodging: private room in a Francophone household including a bed, desk, proper storage and lighting. Household linens and laundry facilities are provided. Students receive keys to the apartment and have access to the common rooms in the home.
- Demi-pension: Breakfast daily and 6 dinners per week when classes are in session (during university breaks only room is included)
* Students opting for independent housing are refunded the room and board amount. Students will be responsible for securing their own housing in Paris. Room and board costs may be higher depending on students’ life style.
Comprehensive medical health and travel insurance which includes reimbursement for doctor’s visit, mental health services, physiotherapy and chiropractic care and accident, evacuation and repatriation as well as 24-hour support services for the semester or year.