The JYF in Paris program is open to undergraduate students at American or Canadian colleges, both men and women, in good standing who meet the requirements in French.
- Successful completion of one course beyond intermediate college-level French (or equivalent) required before arrival.
- A 3.0 GPA average, both overall and in college French courses.
- Enrollment in a French class the semester prior to departure is strongly recommended.
Students who do not meet all of these requirements may still be accepted upon strong recommendations from their French professors and college administrators.
March 30 for full-year and fall semester enrollment
Oct. 15 for spring semester enrollment.
Due to deadlines for admission to French universities, students are urged not to wait for the deadline to submit their completed application to JYF.
Follow the application timeline and checklist closely as application items are highly time-sensitive.
Complete applications will be reviewed on a rolling admissions basis and students will be informed of acceptance within 10 days.
Late applications will be considered on a space-available basis.
There is a $50 non-refundable application fee, which may be submitted by check payable to JYF in Paris or online using a debit card, credit card or e-check:
- Go to: Sweet Briar College Online Payments
- For Payment Type, please choose “JYF in Paris”
- For “Other”, indicate where to apply, please type “Application Fee”