Sweet Briar College plans to offer in-person instruction in fall 2020 on our healthful and spacious campus.
- We’re able to offer students individual residence hall rooms at no additional cost for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- With 2,840 beautiful acres, our campus is spacious enough to allow for physical and social distancing.
- We can serve meals to you in our dining hall and provide you with fresh, farm-to-table food from our greenhouse.
- Our favorable student-faculty ratio means you’ll receive an excellent, personalized education in small classes with faculty members who will get to know you.
- Small class sizes also mean you can spread out in our classrooms and laboratories.
- We can offer hybrid or remote instruction to any student who needs it.
- We’re offering on-campus medical care, telemedicine and COVID-19 testing this fall.
“I don’t have any big fears or anxiety about living on campus only around the uncertainty of what will happen with the virus.
I’m glad that everyone will have single rooms, and the new dining option with boxed or prepared meals makes it easy and safe.”
— Abigail McAllister ’24, from Virginia
Single Occupancy Residence Hall Rooms
Click images for larger view
- Testing, tracing and protective gear
- Additional cleaning staff and comprehensive protocols
- On-campus health services as well as telehealth services
- Quarantine facilities
- Campus security arrangements, including a 24/7 staffed gatehouse
“A big reason I chose Sweet Briar was for the in-person, intimate learning environment where I can develop relationships with professors and receive personal attention. Online learning was tough. I missed interacting with my friends and professors.
My parents are very excited that Sweet Briar is welcoming back all students. They are confident in the College’s plans and have appreciated the open line of communication.”
— Tatum Wallis ’22, from Colorado
- Small classes with a student to faculty ratio of 8 to 1
- Technology and equipment upgrades (internet, hardware and software)
- Training for faculty and other members of the community
- Technical support
- Farm-to-table food from our on-campus greenhouse
- Social distancing procedures
- No-contact serving
Take the next step
Want more information about our healthful, spacious, and engaging campus opportunities? Complete the form below to let one of our admissions counselors contact you with more information.