- MEDICAL EMERGENCY: If you’re having difficulty breathing, uncontrolled bleeding, loss of consciousness, suicidal thoughts or other emergency, please call Campus Safety at 434-381-6111.
- COVID-19: If you’re experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or believe you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please follow these instructions:
- If Health Clinic is open: do not enter, call the clinic at 434-381-6103 before going to or entering the clinic
- If Health Clinic is closed: call Campus Safety at 434-381-6111
Sweet Briar’s new health clinic located across from Grammer on the lower level of Memorial Chapel is open to students. You will receive all the wonderful services that were offered in the temporary health clinic location, thanks to our partners at HealthWorks and Horizon Behavioral Health, but now in a beautiful, new space. Plus, we have added a 24/7/365, general, non-emergency health care telehealth app that you can use in the new facility.
Please note that the previous health clinic located in Reid Pit is closed as of Tuesday, Oct. 6.
Use the health clinic for non-emergency health issues including:
Medical Care (provided by HealthWorks)
- Testing for strep, flu, pregnancy and COVID
- NEW telehealth visit available 24/7/365
- Upper respiratory problems (cold, flu, bronchitis)
- Gastrointestinal issues (vomiting, diarrhea, reflux)
- Skin care (rashes, bug bites, burns, abrasions)
- Ear aches or infection
- Infections (viral, UTI, strep, eye)
- Initial screening for cholesterol, glucose or blood pressure
Behavioral Health (provided by Horizon Behavioral Health)
- Individual therapy sessions by appointment
- Early intervention, aftercare and psychological rehabilitation services
- Case management
- Psychiatric services
- Limited walk-in hours