After applying for admission and sending your 2019-2020 FAFSA to Sweet Briar, you may be offered various types of financial aid in your award package. It is important to know that some forms of financial aid require additional steps on your part to secure the aid and have it applied to your student account.
Sweet Briar begins sending out comprehensive financial-award packages early in March. What might you find in your financial-award package? A typical award package from SBC might include a combination of the following:
- Scholarships and/or grants (money which does not have to be repaid)
- Student loans (money which must be repaid)
- Student job and other self-help (money students earn through a campus work-study job), which is intended to help with personal expenses
- Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant
You must take these steps in order to accept the following types of financial assistance:
Scholarships and Grants
- For scholarships and grants, you must pay your $250 enrollment deposit. Click here to pay your deposit online.
- For scholarships that are not through Sweet Briar, make sure you have submitted all paperwork and that confirmations have been mailed to Sweet Briar.
- For Virginia residents, please submit the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant form, which can be found on our forms page. For more information about VTAG, please review the State Grants section of our scholarships and grants page.
- To apply loans to your account, you must first complete the Federal Direct Loan Request Form — Stafford Loan — Students. You can find this on our forms page. Print and complete the form and then fax, email or mail it to the financial aid office.
- Create an account at StudentLoans.gov to complete Entrance Counseling and the Master Promissory Note.
- You must submit a campus employment form, which can be found on our forms page. Please note, the campus employment form for incoming, first-year students differs from the form for returning students.