There are two groups on campus who are working to make Sweet Briar a more inclusive place, the Presidential Working Group on Diversity and Inclusion and the SGA Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
The following members of our community have agreed to serve on the Presidential Working Group on Diversity and Inclusion:
- Dwana Waugh, assistant professor of history (chair)
- Kimberly Morse-Jones, associate professor of art history
- Beth Daniel Lindsay, associate director of the library
- Phillip Williamson, riding instructor and assistant IHSA coach
- Jodi Canfield, athletics director, serves as liaison to student groups
- Zelda Vasquez Ramirez ‘22, President of LatinX
- Bijou Barry ‘23, President of the Black Student Alliance
President Woo may add members as necessary. To give your input to the committee, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, which is checked by members of the working group, or you can submit this form, if you’d prefer your suggestions to be anonymous.
For 2020-2021, the student members of the SGA Diversity and Inclusion Committee are:
- Siena Annable ’22, Diversity and Inclusion Liaison
- Shaivai Finch ’22, Diversity Executive
- Hannah Epstein ‘22, Treasurer
- Ravina Kaur ’23, Chair of Culture Club
- Bijou Barry ’23, President of the Black Student Alliance
- Sara Story ’22, President of GLOW
- Zelda Vasquez Ramirez ’22, President of LatinX
Jodi Canfield, athletics director, serves as the administrative liaison to this student committee. You can reach Siena, in her role as diversity and inclusion liaison, by email at email@example.com.