There’s no substitute for experience. That may be an old saying, but it’s still true. We’re proud to say that eight out of 10 students complete at least one internship while attending Sweet Briar — 30 percent more than students at other schools.
Why should you?
- Would you buy a vehicle without getting behind the wheel? An internship lets you apply your classroom learning and test your aptitude in the real world. It’s like test-driving your dream car to know if it’s truly the one for you.
- That summer internship could become your first job out of college. Many employers hire interns upon graduation.
- You’ll meet mentors you can learn from and begin building that all-important network you’ll need for your job search.
- Hands-on experience is a necessary part of a strong résumé — so you’ll be the envy of your friends who are still scrambling to find jobs at graduation.
- Internships can offer academic credit.
Sweet Briar students have completed internships halfway around the world on the steppes of Talgar, Kazakhstan; at AREVA Inc., an international engineering firm in neighboring Lynchburg; and three hours away on Capitol Hill in Washington.
Our faculty and career services staff are committed to helping you find the right opportunity. We encourage you to visit our academic program websites for more examples.
More information about Internships
Find even more information about internships here: