Sweet Briar College has three vehicles that members of the Sweet Briar community can reserve, provided they have met the authorization requirements (see more, below). The vehicles are:
- Vixens: 15 passengers (including the driver)
- KL6: 11 passengers (including the driver)
- Caravan: 7 passengers (including the driver)
- In order to drive any vehicle in the fleet, you need to be MVR approved. This process happens through the Office of Human Resources.
- Additionally, in order to drive the KL6 and Vixens vans you need to complete a van certification class. This class includes an in-classroom portion as well as a behind the wheel driving portion. Campus Safety holds classes throughout the year.
What You Need to Know
The vehicles on Sweet Briar’s fleet are in high demand. As such, there are some things you need to know about reservations and things you can do to be a respectful community member.
- Please make your van reservation in advance. Waiting until the last minute will decrease your chances of van availability.
- Be specific with the hours you need the van so others may use it after you are done. Please do not reserve the vehicles for longer than you need.
- If your plans change and you no longer need to use the vehicle you have reserved, please be respectful of other members of our community and cancel your reservation on LibCal. There will be a link in your confirmation email that will enable you to cancel.
- If you and another faculty/staff member agree to switch vans on a specific date and time, please make sure you both cancel your original booking and rebook with the new dates and vans you plan to use.
- Please read the Sweet Briar College Driving Policy before you reserve any Sweet Briar van.
Pick-Up and Return
- Pre-trip checklists must be completed prior to departure. Please contact Campus Safety immediately if any warning indicators are visible.
- All van returns require a Campus Safety Officer to assist you. Keys, binders, completed checklists and vehicle logs must be turned in upon your return to campus.
- Vans returning with less than 3/4 tank of gas must be refueled. An officer will assist you if the pumps are locked.
- Please return to the Campus Safety Office during business hours for assistance. After hours, please call x6111, x6114, or pick up the emergency phone located outside the Campus Safety Office for assistance.
Need a Driver?
If you’d like to reserve a vehicle but are not a certified driver, you may be able to find another member of our community who can drive for you. Please review the list on our website (you will need to log in to view it).