Transfer students should apply as soon as possible.
Click here to apply now or to continue your application.
Students are considered transfers if they have earned 24 credits or more from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning. Students with less than 24 accredited hours must meet the first-year applicant requirements in addition to the items listed below.
Sweet Briar has transfer articulation agreements with:
- the Virginia Community College System, covering all community colleges in the Commonwealth. Applicants interested in transferring from a Virginia community college should reference the Virginia Community College Course Equivalencies guide.
- Harford Community College in Maryland
These agreements make it seamless to continue your studies at Sweet Briar and complete a bachelor’s degree. For more information about transferring to Sweet Briar, please contact Gloria Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-381-6142.
Transfers must submit the following to complete their file:
- Completed application — Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application, the Coalition application or online application.
- An official transcript from each college attended. We will accept electronic copies directly from your school or via Credentials Solutions, the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment.
- Proof of good standing at each of the previous institutions attended
- An official secondary school transcript — Sweet Briar accepts the General Education Diploma (GED) in lieu of a high school diploma (documenting high school graduation.)