Transfer applications are welcome year round in Rolling Admission for fall and spring semesters.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Transfer students are eligible for scholarship and financial aid, including Sweet Briar’s prestigious Presidential Scholarship. Check out our calculators below and visit our financial aid site for more information.
Get a quick glimpse of your scholarship amount.
Net Price Calculator
Get the full picture — your estimated scholarship and need-based financial aid.
Apply now, continue your application or make your deposit. There is no application fee.
Sweet Briar makes it easy to transfer.
We guarantee automatic admission to students graduating from a Virginia community college, with a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher, with a transfer-oriented degree.
Your degree will replace Sweet Briar’s required leadership core curriculum — the College’s version of traditional general education requirements — setting you up to dive right into coursework that fulfills requirements for your major.
Even if you haven’t completed your community college degree, it’s still easy to transfer to Sweet Briar.
Wondering how your credits will transfer to Sweet Briar?
There are three ways to find out how your credits will transfer.
- Submit this form to request a transfer credit evaluation.
- Consult our Virginia Community College System course equivalencies page.
- Contact the registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-381-6179.
Ready to transfer to Sweet Briar?
- Complete your application — Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application, the Coalition application or online application.
- Submit an official transcript from each college attended. We will accept electronic copies directly from your school or via Credentials Solutions, the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment.
- Submit proof of good standing at each of the previous institutions attended