One of the best things about students at Sweet Briar is that there is no “typical Sweet Briar student.” We value diversity and all sorts of personalities and talents. We’re looking for students who are independent-minded, community-driven, intellectually curious, fiercely determined to see their dreams through and seeking a college that will surround them with the people and resources to get it done. They want to make a difference on the field, in the classroom and in the community. They understand that the friendships, mentors and connections formed while in college will be influential for a lifetime. If you want to be a part of something that is bigger than yourself, then we may be a perfect match.
For admission we review applications holistically, meaning we consider more than just grades and test scores. We evaluate your:
- High school courses taken and their academic levels (AP/IB/DE, honors, accelerated, etc.);
- Academic performance;
- SAT/ACT test scores;
- Secondary School Report and recommendations;
- Extracurricular activities and community service; and
- College essay.
Class of 2023
- 25 states: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, D.C., West Virginia
- 3 countries: Australia, Hungary, Nepal
- 10% legacies
- 15% identified as minority
- 18% first-generation college students
- 42% student-athletes
- 35 presidential scholars
- Mean GPA: 3.5
- Mean SAT: Combined 1120
**Note that for students having a HSGPA of 3.0 or higher, test scores are optional.