School Counselor Resource Center
Sweet Briar College prepares young women to excel in the modern world — and we’ve been doing it since our first students arrived in 1906. At Sweet Briar, women get all the attention and all the student leadership roles. We think that makes Sweet Briar pretty special.
- Nov. 1 — Early Decision application deadline
- Nov. 15 — Early Action application deadline
- Transfer applications are welcome year round in Rolling Admission for fall and spring semesters.
Application Process for First-year Students
You are considered a first-time first-year student if you are a current high school senior or have not attended college since graduating from high school.
- Completed application. Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application, the Coalition application or our own online application.
- Transcripts of all academic work completed to date. Sweet Briar accepts the General Education Diploma (GED) in lieu of a high school diploma. Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide an official final transcript with proof of high school graduation prior to the start of your first academic year at Sweet Briar. We will accept electronic copies directly from your school or via Credentials Solutions, the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment.
- If applicable, a list of current (senior-year) grades.
- If applicable, students can submit this form to request a transfer credit evaluation for dual enrollment or AP credit.
- Standardized test scores are optional with GPA of 3.0 or higher. Sweet Briar accepts the SAT or ACT. Official scores must be submitted directly to the College. Sweet Briar’s SAT code is 5634 and the ACT code is 4406.
- Letter of recommendation encouraged from a counselor, teacher or alumna
- Essay (written or video), writing/art sample, portfolio, or interview (live or online) encouraged — This is an opportunity for you to be creative and tell us more about yourself and your interest in Sweet Briar.