Click here to apply now or to continue your application. There is no application fee.
Application checklist for first-year students who are not residents of the United States:
- Completed application — Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application, the Coalition application or online application.
- An official copy of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 85 or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 7.0
- A standardized test is optional. Sweet Briar accepts either the SAT or ACT. Official scores must be submitted directly to the College. Sweet Briar’s SAT and TOEFL code is 5634, and the ACT code is 4406.
- Official copies of high school (or equivalent) transcripts
- Official copies of all college course transcripts
- For transcripts in a language other than English, a full credential evaluation from World Education Services (WES) of all non-U.S. high school and college transcripts
- College Board’s International Student Certification of Finances
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- The Common Application and the Coalition application open August 1. You can apply at sbc.edu via Sweet Briar’s application anytime.
- FAFSA opens October 1.
- Early Action application deadline: November 1
- Early Action notification: December 14
- Rolling Admission after November 1 (decisions and financial aid notifications mailed on a rolling basis after December 17)
- Presidential Scholarship consideration deadline January 1
- Priority Consideration deadline for financial aid: February 1
- National College Decision Day deposit deadline: May 1