Apply now, continue your application or make your deposit. There is no application fee.
Application checklist for first-year students who are not residents of the United States:
- Completed application. Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application, the Coalition application or online application.
- Verified official scores from at least one of the following with an acceptable minimum score. Official scores must be submitted directly to the College. Please note: International students whose first language is English or who have attended an exclusively English-language school for at least four years do not need to submit a language exam.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) – 65 minimum
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – 6.0 minimum
- Duolingo English Test – 90 minimum
- A standardized test is optional. Sweet Briar accepts either the SAT or ACT. Official scores must be submitted directly to the College. Sweet Briar’s SAT and TOEFL code is 5634, and the ACT code is 4406.
- Official copies of all high school transcripts (or equivalent) and college course transcripts (if applicable) in English. For advice on translating documentation, please contact the Admissions office at email@example.com or call +1 (434)-381-6142.
- Live interview utilizing Skype, Facetime, Zoom or similar technology.
- Upon acceptance, College Board’s International Student Certification of Finances.
Sweet Briar has rolling admission, which means as soon as your application is complete, we will be able to give you a decision on admission. Because it can take time to acquire the necessary visas for international students to study in the United States, we encourage all international applicants to have their applications materials submitted by April 1.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Anytime — Apply using Sweet Briar’s application
- Aug. 1 — The Common Application and the Coalition application open
- Jan. 1 — Presidential Scholarship consideration deadline
- April 1 — All international applicants should have their applications materials submitted
- May 1 — National College Decision Day deposit deadline