Sweet Briar College has a dual-enrollment agreement with Central Virginia Community College (CVCC).
- Courses taken at Sweet Briar under the dual-enrollment program will cost the same per credit hour as courses offered by CVCC.
- The program is open to female college students currently enrolled at CVCC and to high school students pursuing college credit at CVCC.
- Applicants must be accepted by both institutions and will enroll in CVCC’s Associate of Arts and Sciences or Associate of Science degree programs. CVCC will administer the financial aid process.
- After completing their associate’s degree through the dual-enrollment program, students may apply to transfer to Sweet Briar. At that time, students will qualify for Sweet Briar scholarships.
- Dually enrolled students have access to all of Sweet Briar’s course offerings — including an ABET-accredited engineering program — and a Sweet Briar advisor, while keeping their CVCC advisor.
- Students who start the program while still in high school may be able to complete a bachelor’s degree in just three years.
- Dually enrolled students have the option to participate in orientation and other student life experiences at Sweet Briar, including clubs, activities and events.
How to Apply
- Students should submit separate applications to both institutions, indicating their wish to participate in the dual-enrollment program.
- Current CVCC students interested in the dual-enrollment program should speak with their CVCC advisor and submit an application to Sweet Briar. Admissions counselors from Sweet Briar regularly visit the CVCC campus to answer questions.