There are some programs that have scholarship money available to students who participate in them. Students should contact each program directly for information and applications. Students are also encouraged to explore other sources of funding. Federal and state grants and loans, such as the Federal Pell Grant and the Federal Stafford Loan, are often made available for study abroad. Residents of Virginia may also be eligible for the Tuition Assistance Grant Program (VTAG).

If a student is currently receiving need-based financial aid, she should contact the financial aid office, the dean of the faculty and vice president of academic affairs or the dean of student life and academic support concerning procedures required to obtain aid. Sweet Briar financial aid may be used by students to pursue studies in Sweet Briar’s JYF in ParisDoshisha Women’s College of Liberal Arts and other programs if the student has a 3.0 cumulative average GPA and is a resident of the United States. All Sweet Briar academic awards may also be applied to Sweet Briar’s JYF in Paris program.