- Meet with Theresa Capule, director of international studies, to discuss study abroad options as well as Sweet Briar College-related study abroad policies.
- Complete your study abroad application.
- Complete and sign the Health and Wellness Information document.
- Two letters of recommendation are required. The recommendations should be from professors familiar with your college academic background and with your reasons for wanting to study abroad. If you are applying to a program with a language component, one recommendation must be from a language teacher with whom you recently studied. Make sure to give faculty members a letter outlining why you want to study abroad so that they can write detailed recommendations. Do not forget to follow up with an email thanking those who write recommendations for you.
- The study abroad fee ($250) should be paid by check or money order made payable to Sweet Briar College. Payment can also be made in cash to the business office. Please ask the business office staff to notify the international studies office of the payment. If accepted into the study abroad program, the application fee will be applied to the Study Abroad Fee. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Requests for official transcripts should be made directly to the registrar’s office. This service is provided free of charge. Transcripts can be sent directly to Theresa Capule, director of international studies.
- Submit two passport-sized photos.
- After submission of ALL application materials (#2-#7), you will be contacted by the international studies office to let you know of acceptance decisions.
Sweet Briar College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national and ethnic origin, or disability.