Online Placement Tests
Students who will be taking French, Spanish and Latin must take the online placement tests prior to August 1 – Fall 2013/ January 10 – Spring 2014. The tests will be available starting June 1 to you through mySBC. Please note: these tests are diagnostic; you cannot pass or fail them. We use the placement tests to determine your entry level in these subjects. In addition, all students need to take the online plagiarism assessment. This tool will be used to identify areas in which students need review and/or additional education.
Procedure for taking the placement tests:
- You should take these tests as you would any other test — without any help and without consulting any related materials. Remember, the placement tests are used to find the appropriate level for you in your courses.
- You should not take a test more than once. If you are having difficulties using the system, let us know.
To login to mySBC:
- Go to my.sbc.edu
- Enter your email username and password (i.e .firstname.lastname@example.org, username is suzy15)
- Click on the "log in" button
- Once you are logged in to mySBC, you will reach the welcome page
- Click on the "Orientation" tab
- Click on the "Orientation" tab located at the bottom of the page
- Locate the placement test(s) you are taking and follow the link and/or instructions provided.
If you have any questions about these tests, or any problems using the online system, please contact the Dean’s Office, (434) 381-6206.