You and your family will receive a comprehensive fee mailing in July (Fall 2013) or December (Spring 2014) from the business office that will detail your tuition bill, financing options and any additional charges.
Here’s a list of the charges you can expect to see:
- Facilities fee ($200 yearly: $100 each semester)
- Student Life Fund
- Residential Students: $275
- Day/Turning Point Students: $225
- Accident/Sickness Insurance
- Room Cleaning Deposit fee ($75)
- Details of your financial aid and/or scholarship that will reduce the bill for your comprehensive fee.
- Tuition Refund Plan (optional)
Your comprehensive fee bill will include additional fees if you register for applied music or riding classes. For further information on billing procedures, please see the College Catalog.
Questions should be directed to Rita Cash at (434) 381-6200 or email@example.com.
If you use any type of financial aid, including grants based on need, student loans or a work-study job, chances are that you will be contacted occasionally via email or telephone by the financial aid office to remind you about application procedures, deadlines or missing documents. Pay attention to any such communication and respond to it promptly. The financial aid office staff is here to help you and your family answer any questions you might have. (The number one financial aid office rule is: There is no such thing as a dumb question).
Questions should be directed to (434) 381-6156 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work study students are given priority for campus student employment. For more information on campus student employment, click here.
Sweet Briar Card
The Sweet Briar Card is Sweet Briar College’s official identification card issued to all members of the College community. It is required for identification, access to essential campus services and offers a convenient account for making purchases on campus.
Your Sweet Briar Card is your key to:
- Meal Plans – Swipe the card to access your standard board plan at the Student Commons dining facility and to use your Extended Dining Option at the Houston Bistro.
- Library – Check out materials at Cochran Library using the bar code on your card.
- Fitness and Athletics Center – Present your card to gain access to the fitness and athletic facilities.
- Campus Events – Present your card to attend campus events.
- SweetCash – Use SweetCash to buy books and supplies at The Book Shop, meals and snacks at any on-campus dining location and select vending machines, photocopying, faxing or interlibrary loans at the library, or to do your laundry at any campus facility.
- Off-campus accepting locations: CVS Pharmacy in Amherst and Madison Heights; El Mariachi Restaurant, Amherst.
Your Sweet Briar Card is THE most important card you will have at Sweet Briar College. It is vital for accessing campus services. Please protect your card and carry it with you at all times. You will receive yours during Orientation!
For more information, please refer to www.sweetbriarcard.com.
Full-service banking is provided locally by:
- Bank of the James — 164 South Main Street, Amherst, VA 24521; (434) 946-9777
- BB&T — 115 Richmond Highway, Amherst, VA 24521; (434) 946-7725
- SunTrust Bank — (offers special services to students including a 24-hour ATM machine on campus)
4482 South Amherst Highway, Madison Heights, VA 24572; (434) 528-6851
- Wachovia — 258 Main Street, Amherst, VA 24521; (434) 946-7461
You may write to one of these banks during the summer to set up accounts. Checks drawn on hometown banks are usually accepted in the local area with proper identification. We recommend that you do not keep large amounts of cash in your room.
Your campus payroll checks can be deposited directly into your checking or savings account.