July 22 or July 29
Click here to let us know which course registration session you would like to attend. Please see the “Registration” section below for more details.
Exploring Course Offerings
Course registration will begin once all new students meet with their academic advisor. For the semester’s course offerings, please follow these directions:
- Visit sbc.edu/registrar.
- Select the “Schedule of Courses” tab.
- In the drop-down menu, select your entering term — Fall 2017 or Spring 2018.
- You can now search course offerings by department.
For the most up-to-date catalog of courses, visit the College Catalog.
Course registration will occur on July 22 or July 29 – click here to let us know which summer registration session you would like to attend. For students unable to attend either session, course registration will also take place on Monday, Aug. 21. If you would like to prepare for your advisor meeting, you are encouraged to build several possible schedules or combinations of courses that interest you. You can review the list with your advisor.
What to Keep in Mind When Planning Your Courses
- In addition to completing requirements in a major field of study, all students at Sweet Briar must complete coursework within specifically defined areas of the arts and sciences. These courses give you the opportunity to explore your intellectual avenues while providing a strong academic foundation.
- As you review our website, keep in mind that most courses with numbers below 200, for example ANTH 112 (Anthropology 112, “Cultural Anthropology”), are entry-level courses in the discipline.
- Courses numbered between 200 and 299 are intermediate-level courses. Check the listing in the catalog to see if a course that interests you has any prerequisites.
Helpful Academic Tips
- Take the time to review the catalog and the online course listings before your first meeting with your advisor.
- It’s all right to be undecided! Our liberal arts curriculum is designed to help students explore their academic interests before they declare a major.
- Do not purchase your books until you have registered.
- Upon completing your course registration, you may log in here using your SBC email username and password to find purchasing options for your required textbooks and supplies.
- No student can complete all of the degree requirements in the first two years. Select at least one class for your first semester based purely on the fact that it interests you.