You spoke, we listened!
At the end of the spring semester, the College conducted a “customer service” survey to ask students about their Sweet Briar experience. While there were a lot of positive comments, there was also helpful and constructive feedback on areas where the College could improve, so that’s what we did! Below are just a few of the changes that have occurred over the summer thanks to students’ comments and the quick response of staff in co-curricular life and physical plant.
- Bathrooms in Meta Glass, Manson, Grammer and Randolph have all had facelifts.
- Rooms in Meta Glass, Reid and Dew halls have new paint and other repairs, as do ones in Carson, Manson, Randolph and Green Village.
- The lower level of Grammer has new carpet.
- Every residence hall kitchen has a new microwave, and all the lounges have been spruced up thanks to special help from resident advisors.
- The process for placing a work order for maintenance has been improved for greater efficiency.
- Throughout the coming year, CCL will focus on increased accessibility to Sweet Funds for energetic students with ideas on ways to encourage involvement and develop weekend programming. Have an idea? Contact Samantha Ayers, director of student involvement and programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In addition, you may have noticed Prothro looking a bit different. New carpeting, seating and art on the walls were all in place by the start of the school year.