JYF Student Ambassadors
If you are returning to your home college after studying in France with JYF, you may want to be a Student Ambassador and help us promote our program among your peers.
- Organizing two events per semester at your home institution. One of these events can be the study abroad fair organized by your school. The other event can be anything that you think may appeal to prospective students: a crêpe night, a multimedia presentation about your experiences, etc. …
- Being the point person at your home institution for prospective students who inquire about the program.
Personality Traits and Skills
The ideal JYF Student Ambassador is an individual who:
- has a high sense of responsibility, reliability and maturity;
- has the ability to communicate well and to address prospective students’ concerns, expectations, goals, etc. with regards to their study abroad plans;
- is dynamic, creative and resourceful;
- can work independently and take initiatives;
- has good organizational and leadership skills; and
- is enthusiastic about her/his experiences in France and passionate about encouraging others to study with JYF!
Duration of Assignment
The initial commitment is for one semester, but you can reapply every semester until you graduate.
What We Offer
- A stipend of $75 per semester
- Cost of expenses to organize events
- Business cards with the student ambassador’s name and contact information
Check out the list of current JYF Student Ambassadors.
If you are interested in being a JYF Student Ambassador, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you back as a member of the program!