Common Data Set
The Common Data Set (CDS) represents a collaborative initiative between publishers and the higher education community in order to improve quality and accuracy of institution-specific data provided to publishers as well as to reduce the reporting burden on data providers.
Accordingly, the CDS is a collection of standard data items and definitions that are used by the higher education community and publishers. Publishers (of college guides, for example) and others requesting specific institutional data typically use CDS data items as part of their surveys.
The Common Data Set for the most current academic year available is posted below, broken down by section:
- Part A: General Information [2012-13 | 2011-12]
- Part B: Enrollment and Persistence [2012-13 | 2011-12]
- Part C: First-Time, First-Year Admission [2012-13 | 2011-12]
- Part D: Transfer Admissions [2012-13 | 2011-12]
- Part E: Academic Offerings and Policies [2012-13 | 2011-12]
- Part F: Student Life [2012-13 | 2011-12]
- Part G: Annual Expenses [2012-13 | 2011-12]
- Part H: Financial Aid [2012-13 | 2011-12]
- Part I: Instructional Faculty and Class Size [2012-13 | 2011-12]
- Part J: Degrees Conferred [2012-13 | 2011-12]
Please contact the Office of Institutional Research for information or data contained on previous CDS. For general information about the CDS, please consult the Initiative's website at: http://www.commondataset.org.