Faculty/Staff Job Openings
The following positions are currently open. Job postings will be removed once they are filled.
Most positions require that a Sweet Briar College employment application be submitted. Click here to download the application (Microsoft Word document).
- Assistant Professor of Business
- Assistant Professor of Computer Science
- Assistant Professor of Economics
- Assistant Professor of Education
- Assistant Professor of Environmental Science (two positions)
- Assistant Professor of Government
- Assistant Professor of Philosophy
- Department Chair/Associate Professor of Education
- Engineering Technician or Machinist or Staff Engineer
- Instructor in Riding
Sweet Briar College is a women’s liberal arts institution, located in Central Virginia approximately 12 miles north of Lynchburg and 60 miles south of Charlottesville. Founded in 1901, the College’s curriculum encompasses a comprehensive baccalaureate program in the arts, sciences and humanities, as well as graduate programs in education. It is one of two women’s colleges in the United States offering an ABET-accredited engineering degree program. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Sweet Briar College is committed to enhancing our community and encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences and ideas who would increase the diversity of the College.