How to Stay Healthy:
- Use good hand washing practices.
- Do not eat or drink after others.
- Prevent overexertion. Get adaquate rest and sleep at least 6-8 hours each night.
- Excercise at least 3-5 times per week for at least 30 mins.
- Eat a well balanced, healthy diet.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not abuse alcohol or drugs.
- Incorporate stress management techniques into your daily routine.
SBC Health Services After Hours Care (pdf download)
Go Ask Alice — Q & A website at Columbia University designed especially for college students
The BACCHUS Network — Collegiate peer education resource on alcohol, drugs, sexuality, relationships, nutrition, etc.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — Common and scientific health and illness information including topics on women's health
Meningitis Information — Important information concerning meningitis and meningitis vaccination
Project Know - What you need to know about drug addiction treatment.
Student Health 101 — A quick reference for common health questions and emergencies facing college students today
WebMD — Provides a quick reference for common health-related questions
http://www.drugwatch.com/students/(Health information specific to college students)
http://www.drugwatch.com/ssri/ (Information regarding common anti-depressant medication)
http://www.drugwatch.com/yaz/ (Birth control information)
http://www.drugwatch.com/accutane/ (Information regarding acne medication)