SophoMORE Year Programs
Engage MORE. Learn MORE. Explore MORE. Do MORE. Achieve MORE.
SophoMORE Year Programs at Sweet Briar focus on:
- Making students aware of campus resources to help them manage their increased academic responsibilities (College Success Series)
- Providing students with assistance as they explore career paths, internships, campus jobs and off-campus employment
- Helping undecided students identify a major
- Assisting students as they move from career exploration to making a decision about their major by February of their sophomore year
- Supporting students as they expand their knowledge of time management due to the increased demands of collegiate life
- Providing social opportunities to connect with peers through events on and off campus
- Encouraging students to expand their education by exploring opportunities to study abroad
- Working in tandem with the class officers to provide community service opportunities for sophomores to engage with the local and global community
- Providing opportunities for sophomores to become involved with clubs and leadership opportunities on campus
- Encouraging students to develop healthy skills for balancing stress and focus on their holistic wellness
- Spotlighting sophomores that have excelled in the classroom, on the field, in co-curricular pursuits, internships, etc.