Class of 2012 Highlighted Outcomes
At the time of graduation — 82% had either secured a job, were going on to further study, or were pursuing a personal endeavor such as an internship or overseas travel.
6 months after graduation — 98% of surveyed students were employed or pursuing further study.
Sweet Briar students thus beat the NACE median (81%) by 17 percentage points!
97% of 2012 graduating seniors responded that they took advantage of at least one of the Career Services Center's resources or services.
Numbers compare favorably with past graduating classes:
2009: Six months out — 93%
2010: Six months out — 95%
2011: Six months out — 97%
Further analysis shows that Sweet Briar graduates were ahead of the national average for employment and further study by 5.1%.
Career Services Center Performance Highlights and Selected Reports
Sweet Briar Career Services Center Recognitions
Sweet Briar College ranked nationally for excellence in career services
every year since 2008.
The Princeton Review’s 2014 College Guide ranked Sweet Briar College
at #10 on its “Best Career Services” list.
Long recognized for its challenging intellectual environment and individual focus on real life learning, Sweet Briar College recently ranked in the top 20 percent in all five areas in the new National Survey for Student Engagement, one of only four colleges to do so. Among all colleges surveyed, SBC has the highest score for student interaction with faculty in the senior year.
"The National Survey for Student Engagement wasn't designed to rank colleges, but its findings nonetheless have suddenly put such small colleges as Elon, Centre, and Sweet Briar on a list of near-idyllic places to study." — Christian Science Monitor, Nov. 14, 2000
Sweet Briar College Career Services was named among Best Colleges Online's 20 Colleges with the Best Career Services in 2012.
Sweet Briar College's Career Services has repeatedly been ranked in the TOP 10 in the USA (2008-2011 and 2013) by the Princeton Review's Best Colleges publication.
Sweet Briar Career Services Center Excellence
- George Dehne, SOF outside consultant, has stated that the Career Services Center at Sweet Briar is “among the best he has seen and deserving of emphasis.”
- Director received a Leadership Award from VACE in 2002
- Director regularly presents at state and regional conferences – nationally (NACE) (May 2006), SOACE, VACE
- Director presented a nationwide webinar in March of 2007
- Director and associate director presented in December 2007 – Southern Association of Colleges and Employers Conference
- Director and associate director presented at VACE (Virginia Association of Colleges and Employers in May of 2008
- College Senior Surveys (CSS) – Career Services ranked well above peer institutions in most career development related categories
- Strong outcomes
- NSSE (National Survey of Student Engagement) statistics
- NACE benchmarking statistics