Enjoy a special Sweet Briar event at the Biltmore
April 10-12, 2014
The cost is $899 per person, based on double occupancy, and includes:
- Two nights at the Inn on Biltmore Estate (Price is based on double occupancy. Pricing for alternative occupancy is $1,234 for single, $849 for triple, and $799 for quad.)
- Welcome reception with cocktails and heavy hors d’oeuvres on Thursday; breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday; farewell breakfast on Saturday
- Welcome reception (Dinner is on your own.)
- “The Mystery of Mountain Hazes,” by Sweet Briar faculty member Thomas O’Halloran, assistant professor of environmental science
- Visit to Biltmore House and a choice of historical tours at 2 p.m.
- Legacy of the Land – Take a motor coach tour of the estate and learn about the history of the land, structures and former residents. You’ll visit areas not usually open to guests.
- Architect's Tour — On this guided 60-minute tour, get a closer look at the design and construction of Biltmore House by touring areas not on the regular house visit, including stunning views and photo opportunities from the rooftop and balconies.
- Butler’s Tour — See how Biltmore House functioned, past and present, and learn about the work of the domestic servants during this 60-minute guided tour of unrestored rooms and mechanical areas not open to the public on the regular house visit.
- Red Wine and Chocolate Seminar — Discover why chocolate and red wine are a match made in heaven.
- Join us for a special dinner and presentation with Sweet Briar alumna Diana “Dini” Cecil Pickering ’79, president of the family office and vice chairman of the board for the Biltmore Company.
- Farewell breakfast with Jo Ellen Parker, president of Sweet Briar College. After breakfast, enjoy a free day to tour Biltmore at your leisure.
You may register online or by calling the alumnae relations office at (800) 381-6131. Space is limited, so please register early!