Sarah Porter Boehmler '65 Scholarship
The Sarah Porter Boehmler ’65 Scholarship has been established at Sweet Briar College in honor of Sarah Porter Boehmler, Class of 1965, the first woman senior executive of the American Stock Exchange. This full-tuition scholarship is intended to recognize one of the most outstanding enrolling students in the incoming class. Sweet Briar College is happy to offer this scholarship to a member of the class due to enroll in August 2013.
- Student must submit the Sweet Briar College application for admission by Feb. 1. All supporting recommendations, transcripts and standardized test scores for the application for admission must be received by Feb. 15 (i.e. the student’s application for admission must be complete and ready to be evaluated by Feb. 15).
- The Boehmler scholarship application form and essay must also be submitted by March 1.
- Scholarship applicants will be notified of our decision no later than April 1.
- This scholarship is open to all students. However, an example profile of a student likely to be competitive for the scholarship is a student with an unweighted GPA greater than 3.7 (on a 4.0 scale) and an SAT I Verbal + Math score greater than 1300 or an ACT score of 30 or greater.
- High school program of study and GPA from official high school transcript
- SAT I or ACT score from official test score report
- Scholarship application essay
- Capacity to lead and motivate peers
- Academic and extracurricular achievement
- Integrity and character
- Appreciation for physical wellness as demonstrated by participation in activities such as dance, fitness or sports.
The Boehmler Scholarship at Sweet Briar College provides full tuition for one student. The scholarship is renewable for each of the student’s four years at Sweet Briar College provided the student maintains a 3.5 GPA, good academic and co-curricular standing at the College, and remains enrolled full time at Sweet Briar College. The scholarship will continue to cover the full tuition cost of a year at Sweet Briar as tuition costs increase over the student’s four years.
To apply for the Boehmler Scholarship, the student must first apply for admission by Feb. 1 and have completed all application for admission requirements by Feb. 15. This scholarship application, including accompanying essay, must be received by March 1. Sweet Briar will notify the student of admission no later than March 15. Please send applications for this scholarship to Sweet Briar College; Admissions Office; Box 1052; Sweet Briar, VA 24595.