International students should apply by Nov. 1 for priority consideration for spring 2018 or Feb. 1 for priority consideration for fall 2018.
Click here to apply now or to continue your application.
First-year students who are not residents of the United States are considered international students and must submit:
- Completed application — Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application or our online application.
- An official copy of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 85 or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 7.0
- A standardized test is required. Sweet Briar accepts either the SAT or ACT. Official scores must be submitted directly to the College. Sweet Briar’s SAT and TOEFL code is 5634, and the ACT code is 4406.
- Official copies of high school (or equivalent) transcripts
- Official copies of all college course transcripts
- A full credential evaluation from World Education Services (WES) of all non-U.S. high school and college transcripts
- College Board’s International Student Certification of Finances