Early Action Deadline
Nov. 1, 2018
For other application deadlines, see below.
Click here to apply now or to continue your application.
You are considered a first-time first-year student if you are a current high school senior or have not attended college since graduating from high school. Applicants must submit the following items if they are first-year students:
- Completed application — Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application or online application.
- Official transcripts of all academic work completed to date. Sweet Briar accepts the General Education Diploma (GED) in lieu of a high school diploma. Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide a final transcript with proof of high school graduation prior to the start of your first academic year at Sweet Briar.
- If applicable, a list of current (senior year) grades
- Test optional with GPA of 3.0 or higher — Sweet Briar accepts either the SAT or ACT. Official scores must be submitted directly to the College. Sweet Briar’s SAT code is 5634, and the ACT code is 4406.
- Letter of recommendation encouraged from counselor, teacher or alumna, or an interview with an alumna recommended
- Essay (written or video), writing/art sample, portfolio, or interview (live or online) encouraged — This is an opportunity for you to be creative and tell us more about yourself and your interest in Sweet Briar.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- Common Application opens August 1. You can apply at sbc.edu via Sweet Briar’s application anytime.
- FAFSA opens October 1.
- Early Action application deadline: November 1
- Early Action notification: December 14
- Deadline for Presidential Scholarship consideration: January 1
- Priority Consideration deadline: February 1
- Rolling Admission after February 1 (decisions and financial aid notifications mailed on a rolling basis)
- National College Decision Day deposit deadline: May 1