First-year students may apply for spring 2018 or fall 2018.
Click here to apply now or to continue your application.
You are considered a first-time first-year student if you are a current high school senior or have not attended college since graduating from high school. Applicants must submit the following items if they are first-year students:
- Completed application — Sweet Briar will accept either the Common Application or online application.
- Official transcripts of all academic work completed to date. Sweet Briar accepts the General Education Diploma (GED) in lieu of a high school diploma. Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide a final transcript with proof of high school graduation prior to the start of your first academic year at Sweet Briar.
- If applicable, a list of current (senior year) grades
- A general recommendation from either a high school guidance counselor or high school teacher which addresses the applicant’s interests, attitudes and academic abilities
- A standardized test is required. Sweet Briar accepts either the SAT or ACT. Official scores must be submitted directly to the College. Sweet Briar’s SAT code is 5634, and the ACT code is 4406.